No Orca in Fedora

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jan 16 15:26:28 UTC 2022

Both Fedora Workstation and the MATE Compiz spin include Orca, but the
shortcut doesn't work in the MATE Compiz spin, so you have to start it
using the run window. I didn't ever run the Cinnamon spin, so wasn't
aware that it didn't include Orca, but my thought is that the developers
of the Cinnamon spin are not aware that Orca works with it. I know I was
unaware of it, having heard that Cinnamon was not yet accessible to
screen readers, so this is something that can probably be filed as a
feature request for the 36 spin, since it's still early in the release
cycle.

~Kyle