web page problem

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jan 23 23:32:49 UTC 2022

Thanks, that works.  That shortens my script considerably.  Now I need
arrange to spider the website for the sha512 file and if that's not
available exit the script.  That should be a short operation.  The large
file takes time downloading and the original script I have runs the
integrity check on the file once finished.
I used the b and c options on wget to make log files and some code to
report on download progress in a more civilized fashion than wget and when
the log file was finished remove it and exit the loop.
while [ -f wget-log ]; do
sleep 30
wc -l wget-log && grep -i saved wget-log && rm wget-log
done
Maybe I can get wget --spider to put the urls in jenux.inp then download
those andrun basename on the sha512 file and pass that to sha512sum -c for
an integrity check once download is complete.
This is more interesting than I thought it would be before trying this
again.