Why do you use Linux? expanded from Converting text to mp3

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 03:42:40 UTC 2022

Dang, y'all are old!

I'm in a Computer Science graduate program. It's practically required
that I have a Linux machine. I don't use it Linux exclusively. In
fact, I just got this Ubuntu machine that I am on now. Why is Orca's
speech so slow? I have it sped up to 100%, and it's still way too
slow! Speaking of customization, the NVDA screen reader on windows
allows me to set the speech rate to a level that is comfortable for
me.

Amanda[0]