Why do you use Linux? expanded from Converting text to mp3

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 16:17:29 UTC 2022

Basically, Emacspeak is the “killer app” for me. I use Mac and Windows now, so have a Unix terminal in MacOS when I need that, but I’ve used pure Linux for maybe 3 to 6 month intervals when I felt like I could handle it. Fedora was my favorite, and if I were still running Linux, that’s what I’d choose. Emacspeak is amazing though, for me. I know a lot of people can’t get their head around all the Escape Meta Alt Control Shift keyboard commands, but once you get the essential ones, and the help commands, I’ve found it works amazingly. But it also works great on the Mac too, so there’s that. Also GPodder is just about the best Podcast Manager I’ve found on any platform. Shoot it can handle Youtube channels, through Youtube-Dl. That’s just plain amazing.
Devin Prater
r.d.t.prater at gmail.com

Https://devinprater.flounder.online