Fedora-MATE_Compiz-Live-x86_64-35-1.2.iso

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 00:18:45 UTC 2022

Could it be accessibility needs to be enabled first before you can run
orca?  If so, hit f4 once to toggle accessibility on then try alt+f2 orca
or alt+f2 orca --replace or alt-super-s.
One of those three may work.  It would be nice if f4 would make a rising
or falling set of tones to let users know if they toggled accessibility on
or off or if f4 made no sound, accessibility wasn't effected.
I could not get Endeavouros talking at all on bare metal so can understand
your frustration.
That if it ever works will need a few minutes with sighted assistance.