Converting text to mp3

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jan 30 04:01:34 UTC 2022

The lame command I supplied is very basic. You can increase the quality
by adding -q followed by a number from 0 to 9 to the lame portion of the
command. The lower the value is, the better the sound quality will be,
but the file also will be larger. That said, the -q options will make a
variable bitrate file that will sound better simply because it doesn't
require a constant bitrate throughout the file. So I would encourage you
to start with -q 9 and then -q 8 until you hear something you like.

espeak-ng -f file.txt --stdout | lame -q 9 - file.mp3

should give you a small file that sounds more consistent and better
overall than the default I posted. Hope it helps.

~Kyle