Converting text to mp3

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jan 30 04:34:36 UTC 2022

Well, back at the beginning of this thread, I can finally report on some
progress. 1 of my Linux experts suggested we use an enviremnet called miniconda
to run gtts-cli. So I followed his instructions, including for some reason I
had to run from bash instead of my regular tcsh. Anyway I tried converting a
book to an mp3. It created a 3hour6minute file, then gave an error 429,
something about 2many requests to the api. Sure wouldn't mind hearing those
Google  voices while reading in Speakup. If any1 wants a 3mb file reading
instructions to set this up, please write off list. Thanks
Chime