Looking for good radio software

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jan 30 17:15:33 UTC 2022

Oh OK. Since I haven't used any of the software you mentioned at the
start of the thread, and you did mention you wanted to listen to music,
I naturally went to the Pithos client because it's what I use most for
that purpose. If you're paying for Spotify already, do continue using
its client. As for listening to radio stations, I am most familiar with
the Tunein app that I use on Android devices, especially since the
premium subscription comes with the Scribd subscription I already have
for listening to audiobooks. If you're OK with listening in a browser
tab, the website works pretty well here, and it even gives you a list of
your local radio stations, or allows you to select stations from around
the world.

https://tunein.com/

I was able to listen to a local station here without an account. If
something more like playing through mpv is your thing though, I couldn't
get that to work. I did find RadioTray and StreamTuner available and at
least somewhat working. StreamTuner has a Tunein plugin available, but I
couldn't get it working. Other radio station database websites seem to
work better, but I do get some odd errors from some of them. But
hopefully one of these will work for you.

~Kyle