An Escape Issue From Readline?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jul 17 05:29:26 UTC 2022

Hi All: Several days ago I tried installing hopefully some commandline Shazam
clients for my Debian SID machine. They were songrec and instantmusic. So far
couldn't get them working, but now, even after un-installing instantmusic
through pip, I have this nasty issue in some programs such as youtube-viewer.
Now I cannot type a "d" to download results. Instantmusic had this same issue.
In running searches, mentions about an escape r. It was suggested to hit escape
1 or more times. Well, here in bash, if I hit escape 4 times, it asks if I want
to display all files on my system
If I hit escape twice in tcsh, it seems to act as an "ls" So, can some1 please
suggest how to fix this. Thanks so much in advance
Chime