nvda2speechd, let Windows programs talk through Speech dispatcher

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 18:37:43 UTC 2022

Hello,

while I get this up and running, a part of the nvda2speechd is an
application called testclient.

You can compile it using cargo build --release -q, or use this binary:

https://drive.proton.me/urls/95MV5TEK7M#jyQXOaJvojkY

SHA256: 82fb866d000a05942d6109daf58e36ee6feaba8bf30644738277ba140b90ee40

this application works as a terminal client to the server. You launch
it, and type command "speakText some text".

If you hear the server speak, the connection works.

You can quit using the quit command.

This should tell you, whether nvda2speechd server is working correctly.
If no, we need to search the problem there, if yes, there is a problem
with the library or application.

Whether SAPI installation is needed or not depends largely on how is the
app programmed. Honestly, I didn't test out with a clear wine
installation, so I can't tell which variant is to be expected, it's also
possible that the app crashes exactly because of missing SAPI, since
usually programmers expect it to be at least present, even if not used.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 8. 6. 2022 o 16:09 Linux for blind general discussion napísal(a):