How Can I Fix this Error?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 16:53:27 UTC 2022

My usual workaround for something breaking in Debian Unstable is to
enable Testing in my /etc/apt/sources.list, downgrade the affected
package, and then spoof the version number of the package in
/var/lib/dpkg/status to make aptitude think the installed version is
slightly newer than the Unstable version... granted, this might not
help if the affected package can't be downgraded by itself, andif the
issue persists, you might find yourself in the situation where a new
version that doesn't fix the problem hits unstable but the version
that introduce the problem has since migrated to testing.

No idea on this specific issue though.