Problem with lightdm

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 03:03:34 UTC 2022

Until about six months ago, when I booted up  lightdm would ask what user to log into and the password. It would then set up console 7, set the screen for this console to graphics mode and start  Orca. It would not affect the other consoles, so i could continue to use them in command mode, with brltrty. Now lightdm just sets the screen to graphics mode without asking anything. I have to use systemctl to disable it, so I can use the machine.
How can I get the former behavior back? As it is, I can't use Mate at all.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer