Any progress on .pdf viewing?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Mar 2 13:02:08 UTC 2022

Both Evince and Atril can read pdf files. Firefox and most Chrome-based
browsers are also able to read them. Usually though, I just run
pdftotext on the file and pop the resulting file into the text editor of
choice.

pdftotext -raw <filename>

usually works best, and generates a text file in the same folder as the
pdf file, replacing the pdf extension with txt. The pdftotext tool and
other similar converters are found in the package usually called
poppler-utils, and I haven't yet seen a distro that doesn't include that
package. These are all the options I am aware of currently.

~Kyle