Google is nuking simple username/password sign ins?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 18:38:08 UTC 2022

Well, that's just vague enough to be worthless.

While on the subject, anyone know of any Gmail alternative with a web
interface comparable to Gmail's basic HTML view? If it adds in such
missing features such as forcing replay to list as default when
replying to messages from mailing lists, manually merging
conversations, and having folders/labels for contacts, that would be
nice to.

Fortunately, I don't use many of Google's services(Gmail, search,
YouTube) and Gmail is the only one that really requires logging in
often enough to maintain a persistent cookie on my personal machine.