Google is nuking simple username/password sign ins?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 18:54:31 UTC 2022

So yes, I'm right with you on the hunt for a new email provider. Time to
forward all my email to this new provider

Just a comment that I made the personal decision not to forward
anything, but just to change the email address I give people and change
it on the newsletters and email lists I care about. Everything else, if
I do lose access to it, is probably stuff I didn't really care enough to
change or no longer sends me mail, so I decided that in that event I
just wouldn't worry about it too much. That was a personal decision I
made though, so if you're more comfortable forwarding everything, giving
yourself hopefully enough time to make a more complete transition, by
all means do that. This just gives me the opportunity to see what is
still coming to gmail so I have the chance to decide on a case-by-case
basis whether I want to change the address where they send me email or
just let Google drop it into the ether after I delete my account.

~Kyle