Is Their a Later Version of Speechd-up?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Mar 6 17:37:11 UTC 2022

Hi Chime,

the most recently updated git repo is the one from Chrys:
https://github.com/chrys87/speechd-up

AFAIK there is no speak-with command in Debian, only in Slint, but I could be wrong.

If you run Debian you could request help on their accessibility mailing list.

In any case telling what errors exactly you get would help investigate.

Also you could try fenrir, which can also rely on speech-dispatcher.

Cheers,
Didier