zoom-linux fail

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 20:59:57 UTC 2022

How are you trying to sign in? Are you using a browser, and if so, which
one, or are you trying to use the desktop app, which I believe may be
based on Chrome in some way? From browsers, specifically Firefox and
Brave here, I was able to open a dropdown that said "host a meeting"
that opened up and allowed me to select "with video off" or "with video
on." Once I selected which I wanted, a new page loaded asking me for an
email and a password. Under this there are links in case you forgot your
password or to read the terms of service and privacy policy and a button
that says "Sign In." I have never hosted a Zoom meeting, although I did
once set it up, so I didn't go any further because I don't remember my
password. But as far as I could see, the email and password were the
only things needed once I decided whether I wanted to host a meeting
with or without video. Hope it helps.

~Kyle