Getting Linux in to the hands of those in need.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun May 1 16:43:11 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I am first and foremost an educator of the blind community in my
country, South Africa to be exact, and am looking in to ways to get more
people to use computers. Unfortunately, as we all know, the things are
not cheep, especially when you look at options, such as computers bought
from mainstream stores, most of which comes pre-installed with either
Windows or MacOS.

Yes, I know I can buy Raspberry pies, and install something on there,
weather it be Ubuntu, or whatever Distro I can lay my hands on.

But we have to remember that I'm dealing with folks that has either no
computer knowledge, or very little. Thus, I'm thinking stay off of the
single board computers for now.

Can someone who has done this before please let me know what they did?

--
Warm regards,

Brandt Steenkamp

Sent using Thunderbird from the Slint machine