Does anyone know of any accessible SQL programs for Slint?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun May 1 20:26:28 UTC 2022

Tim here.  I know that at least sqlite's CLI interface lets you use

  .mode line

which turns data into a linear format that's much more understandable
when read aloud, data like

  sqlite> .mode line
  sqlite> select id, name from users;

  Id = 1
  Name = Tim

  Id = 2
  Name = Rich

  Id = 3
  Name = Ellen

PostgreSQL has a similar "expanded" format.

I find it particularly useful when there are lots of columns and
things start wrapping weirdly, making it hard to trace which column
is which.

If you really *do* want HTML output, the sqlite ".mode" command does
also offer HTML output as an option:

  sqlite> .mode html

which you can then pipe to your favorite HTML viewer.  Similarly,
PostgreSQL's "psql" client has an HTML output mode which you can
invoke either as a CLI option

  $ psql --html

or by enabling the option interactively

  (psql) \pset format html

Hopefully this gives you some options for getting more useful output
from sqlite or postgresql.  I don't use mysql/mariadb much, so I can't
speak as to whether it offers similar features.

-Tim