Ubuntu booting muted

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun May 22 13:27:37 UTC 2022

hi
theres a plethora of ways to do this.
the sort of official one is that when ubuntu shuttsdown it saves the alsa state
thers a service if u look at
systemctl list-units
that does it.
the prog that does this is alsactl store/restore.

other options include putting your own init-sys.service or whatever u want to call it in
/etc/systemd/system
wher u can just run a bash script to setup the soundcard.
then
systemctl enable init-sys

if your going straight into mate or suchlike this should be before this.
u will need to check that if u do use your own service that it doesnt conflict with the default ubuntu one.
u could try running alsactl store manwelly  from bash and then reboot, if in case, its doing a restore to a muted soundcard.

make sure u got ssh-server or telnet-server setup incase, then u can get into the system remotely if u get stuck.

good luck
regards
neil foster