I'm in crisis, help!!!

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon May 23 16:01:04 UTC 2022

I'll redownload Fedora and see if it works.

Looks like your best bet will be to download the MATE spin and then
install GNOME. The version I had already downloaded and tested with the
non-speaking installer is the same version 36-1.5currently on the
website. The MATE version also says 36-1.5, but its installer speaks,
and you should actually be able to convert it to standard Fedora
Workstation through dnf. It seems the packages you need will be
fedora-release-workstation, fedora-release-identity-workstation,
fedora-workstation-backgrounds and fedora-workstation-repositories.
Either that or just install the GNOME desktop environment over your MATE
install and change your default session on the display manager screen.

~Kyle