Google gmail cutting off alpine

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu May 26 11:53:49 UTC 2022

unsure if thunderbird can do it via oauth also.

Yes. I've been able to use Thunderbird in that way with Gmail for some
time. It redirects to Google and asks me to allow the application
instead of getting a username and password. This of course is specific
to Thunderbird though, and I can't remember if Seamonkey works the same
way. That said, I do seem to recall Evolution redirecting to Google in
much the same way, so it may still work also. Doesn't solve the
text-based client issues, but if Alpine in fact has figured out a fix,
that would in fact solve the problem there.

~Kyle