this and previous version of Jenux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Nov 2 22:34:23 UTC 2022

Both failed to boot on my computer.  I have a thinkpenguin.com penguin pro
11 computer with an intel i7 core processor.
I'm curious am I unique or are others having identical problems?
If the installer cannot boot, it cannot install either.
If I am not unique please write dnl.nash at gmail.com and send him
appropriate failure reports with brand and model of computer used.
This is not a problem for archlinux; slint, or debian bookworm.
https://nashcentral.duckdns.org/projects/Jenux-2022.11.01-dual.iso
https://nashcentral.duckdns.org/projects/Jenux-2022.11.01-dual.iso.sha512
are the download urls for anyone interested in helping with testing and
reporting.
If you copied those two urls into a file called jenux then ran:
wget -bci jenux
And then ran every so often:
wc -l wget-log&&grep -i saved wget-log
eventually you'll get output back with two saved lines in it and both
files will have been downloaded.
To verisy:
sha512sum -c Jenux-2022.10.01-dual.iso.sha512
if you get ok back as a response after the file name, you got your image
verified.
I'm sharing this much with the list not so much for the sake of Jenux but
in order to show users how to download multiple files and check on
download progress.
After all of that, rm wget-log otherwise wget-log.1 and so on will get
created in the future.
Remove that log after all download is finished, and you can reuse these
commands as they stand.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.