screen in Ubintu shell question?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Oct 2 20:58:17 UTC 2022

On 2022-10-02 16:33, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> There is a reason why I want to use links the chain here, documenting a
> dreamhost issue for dreamhost instead of shellworld.
> Still your wisdom is sound.
> now, if I can just get the hardcopy creation process to work.

It should work with any interactive program that waits for
user-interaction.  While it's waiting, you hit GNU-screen's prefix
key (control+a) and then the letter "h" to indicate you want a
hardcopy of the screen.  It should save that to a file in the current
directory called "hardcopy.0" (I think if you do more than one of
them, it numbers them sequentially).  You can continue to use the
program as normal (possibly taking multiple screen-captures as you
perform various actions) and then when you quit, GNU screen quits
too.

Alternatively, you can launch GNU screen, which puts you in a
sub-shell inside screen.  You can then launch multiple programs
(either each in their own screen window, or serially) just as you
normally would, using the <prefix>h to capture a hardcopy of the
screen to a file.

-Tim