tdsr

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Oct 5 22:24:36 UTC 2022

> I'm also not sure what the functional difference between
> .bash_profile, .bash_login, and .bashrc is.

It's been a minute since I actually did anything really extensive with
this, since I primarily use zsh, so bear with me if I have the wrong
information here. As I remember things though, .bash_profile runs every
time a bash shell starts, .bashrc runs only when the shell is an
interactive shell, and .bash_login runs only when the shell is a login
shell, i.e. either started at login time or via su using the single dash
(-) option or sudo -i. I do hope I have the right information and that
it helps.

~Kyle