Turning off screen in Linux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 09:25:35 UTC 2022

I have a thinkpenguin.com penguin pro 11 computer.  It has an alaska rsd
bios on it.  For those with this bios, it's possible to talk to the bios
and control it from another machine using ssh.  The bios can listen to
network through ssh unless the networking capability gets turned off
somewhere along the line.
This is a very modern bios and won't be on many other machines.  To find
out what bios you do have, as root try to run biosdecode and the bios
manufacturer will be identified by the oem: item in biosdecode output.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.