void-linux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 21:29:31 UTC 2022

Trying to run the base iso on a qemu virtual machine, I never hear
anything. I waited about 30 seconds, tried to login as root with
password voidlinux, which is supposed to be the default, then tried running

modprobe speakup_soft

espeakup

followed by a simple

espeak hello

and got nothing. It appears that although Void can be used blindly, it
cannot be installed using the base media installer. This does not
however mean that it can't be installed manually starting from a talking
base like the Arch iso or something similar. The installation will be
far more complicated than if the live installer was available, but it
can be done.

~Kyle