Chromium-based browser local .desktop files (was Re: void-linux)

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Oct 28 00:38:20 UTC 2022

Confirmed!

I placed

export ACCESSIBILITY_ENABLED=1

on a line by itself in a file I called /etc/profile.d/accessibility.sh
and rebooted the computer. Chromium and Brave began speaking without any
further intervention. This is after removing all my browser .desktop
files from .local/share/applications and placing them in a new folder.
Google Chrome is the only one that didn't speak at first, but I closed
something and then closed the other pop-up that told me that it couldn't
update Google Chrome to the latest version, then I got normal speech. So
the desktop files are truly no longer needed for Chromium-based browsers.

~Kyle