[Cluster-devel] Announce: new-aops-1 for 2.6.21-rc3

Nick Piggin npiggin at suse.de
Thu Mar 15 16:17:04 UTC 2007

OK, I've gone through and fixed several bugs until the thing actually
survives fsx-linux for both ext2 and ext3 ordered and writeback (both
when using the new aops, and the legacy prepare_write path). Actually
ext3 sometimes breaks, but it does in unpatched kernels anyway.

At 15 patches (including the initial buffered write deadlock fixes),
it is too much to keep posting -- not much has fundamentally changed,
so I'll just post occasionally if we make big changes. The quilt
format is probably easier for someone wishing to work on it anyway.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/npiggin/patches/new-aops/

(excludes the OCFS2 patch that Mark sent, in anticipation of an update)

It would be really nice if filesystem developers could take a look
at the new interfaces some time, because otherwise they might get stuck
with it :) So I'm cc'ing a few filesystems that come to mind, that I
haven't heard anything from.

Thanks,
Nick