[Cluster-devel] Problems with recent Makefile changes

Robert Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Wed May 2 13:48:13 UTC 2007

Hi Fabio,

I did find a couple problems with your new changes to the Makefiles
for cluster suite.  The first problem is that the gfs2 userland tools
don't have a dependency set for ../libgfs2/libgfs2.a.  So if you
change a function in libgfs2 and recompile, the userland tools never
know to link in the modified libgfs2.a library.

The second problem I ran into yesterday.  Basically, I compiled a
gfs2 userland tool and got a compiler error.  I fixed the error
and replaced the file.  However, my second compile--which should have
been successful--failed with some odd error message.  After I did
"make clean" and "make" again, it worked.  I should have gotten more
info at the time, but unfortunately, I didn't because I was in a hurry.
If I run across this again, I'll try to get more information about
what's happening.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite