[Cluster-devel] -O2 -Werror

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 16:15:16 UTC 2007

configure was recently changed from a default of -O0 to -O2.  A couple of
places in the tree also use -Werror.  The new combination of -O2 and
-Werror breaks the build when using default configure setting.

[using gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-13)]

We need to remove the -Werror's, go back to a default of -O0, or change
the code that breaks.  I doubt that we'll be able to go too long with both
-O2 and -Werror, though, so one of them will probably need to change.

To get things building until someone comes up with a better solution, I'm
taking the simplest route and going back to a default of -O0.

Dave