[Cluster-devel] SCTP versus OpenAIS/corosync time-outs

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 16:37:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 08:41:43AM +0000, Christine Caulfield wrote:
> To be honest, RRP & DLM/SCTP is not well tested or used. There are
> probably lots of things that could be done to improve it. In particular
> the failover aspect of it (the most important part of course) has
> probably not been tried under any sort of serious load ... though i
> could be wrong.

Yep, I dusted off dlm/sctp a few weeks ago to see what kind of condition
it was in.  Fixed a couple bugs, and then found that it's noticably slower
than tcp (using single sctp connections.)  I spent a bit of timing trying
to understand why but didn't.  Someone more familiar with those networking
layers could probably diagnose things much faster... not sure when I'll
get back to looking at it again.

Dave