[Cluster-devel] [Patch 19/44] fsck.gfs2: Move function check_num_ptrs from metawalk.c to pass1.c

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 14:03:19 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
| Hi,
|
| This looks a bit confusing. The number of pointers in a leaf block is,
| in general, not a power of two. I assume that this refers to the dir
| hash table and maybe needs renaming accordingly?
|
| Steve.

Hi,

You're right that the number of pointers _in_ a leaf block is not
a power of two.  However, the code here is trying to reconcile
the number of pointers _to_ a leaf block (from the hash table)
to the leaf block's di_depth.  The number of pointers in the hash
table pointing to any given leaf block is, in fact, a power of 2
and that must be checked and fixed if necessary.

I'll see if I can adjust the patch to add some comments or
somehow be less confusing.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File Systems