[Cluster-devel] fence-agents integration with Cobbler

Alan Evangelista alanoe at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Oct 23 18:56:06 UTC 2014

Hi.

I'm a Cobbler developer. Cobbler uses fence-agents to perform power
management in systems
and it currently supports fence-agents 4.0.4. I want to make Cobbler
compatible with
latest fence-agents code. Cobbler may run in RHEL 6+ and thus we expect
fence-agents
to also do it. I'm doing tests with the lpar fence agent.

First, I found out the master branch requires Python 2.7. Using master
code in a RHEL 6.5
threw an exception in the creation of a StreamHandler object (stream
argument name in StreamHandler
constructor changed from Python 2.6, available on RHEL 6, to Python 2.7,
available on RHEL 7).

Then, I found out that there is a RHEL6 branch and tried to use it.
However, some fence
agents (eg lpar) uses different input parameters names in RHEL6 and
master branches.
This would force me to check RHEL version before generating fence agents
input in Cobbler.

Would it be possible to either

(1) backport input parameters names changes to RHEL6 branch? afaik input
parameters names are independent of RHEL version.
(2) support Python 2.6 in master branch

I'm also open to other alternatives.

Regards,
Alan Evangelista