[Cluster-devel] About dlm_unlock (kernel space)

Guoqing Jiang gqjiang at suse.com
Mon Jun 13 11:15:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

In case we have set DLM_LKF_CONVERT flag for dlm_lock, is it possible
that the convert
queue could be NULL or not NULL while perform unlock? I think there are
two different
cases would appear when call dlm_unlock:

1. the lock logic is in convert stage.
2. convert queue is null.

For 1, seems need to cancel the lock request first (dlm_unlock+CANCEL),
then call
dlm_unlock. And just need to call dlm_unlock directly for case 2. Please
correct me
if I am wrong.

And what could happen if cancel a lock which has a empty convert queue?
Like call
dlm_unlock+CANCEL for case 2, is something wrong could happen?

The last question, is there a dlm_unlock_* variant which could do unlock
finally for
both case1 and case2 (or does the variant make sense)?

Thanks & Regards,
Guoqing