[Cluster-devel] Allowing posts to cluster-devel@ from non-subscribers

Andrew Price anprice at redhat.com
Fri Jul 28 13:47:58 UTC 2017

On 27/07/17 10:20, Andrew Price wrote:
> Are there any strong objections to $subject? If not I'll go ahead and
> flip the switch.

Alasdair has voiced concerns about spam off-list which I think are
valid. We don't really want spam hitting the archives as it's difficult
to remove once it's there, and propagating spam can affect how filters
treat cluster-devel traffic as a whole.

He has also added some spam filtering rules to the list configuration
that will hopefully reduce the moderation burden. I will consider how
well they work after some time has passed and review whether it makes
sense to open the list up on that basis. If not then we should try to
get some moderators in different time zones to minimise the time
messages spend in the hold queue.

Cheers,
Andy