[Cluster-devel] [PATCH RESEND dlm/next 0/4] fs: dlm: misc and tracing
aahringo at redhat.com
Wed Aug 18 20:27:12 UTC 2021
this series is a resend of my pending patches which I sent some days ago.
For the recent dlm tracepoint patches I did some changes, see below.
changes in "fs: dlm: initial support for tracepoints":
- switch from e.g. uin32_t/u32 to __u32 in dlm tracing header as
I figured out that this is common used. However it seems it really
doesn't care, they are not uapi headers.
- switch from %d to %x printout for lkb_id as it is used for dlm
debugfs. The lockspace id is still %d as it is used for sysfs.
- move trace_dlm_lock_start after error, we don't trace the error
and we need to garuantee that lkb pointer is not dangled.
- add tracepoint start/end for dlm_unlock aswell, otherwise there are
ast callbacks which are not recognizable, especially on DLM_EUNLOCK
inside the status block.
- add a note that dlm_lock/unlock_start will only be traced if ls/lkb
is valid. I think it makes no sense without any reference to do any
Alexander Aring (4):
fs: dlm: implement delayed ack handling
fs: dlm: fix return -EINTR on recovery stopped
fs: dlm: initial support for tracepoints
fs: dlm: trace socket handling
fs/dlm/ast.c | 4 +
fs/dlm/dir.c | 4 +-
fs/dlm/lock.c | 10 ++
fs/dlm/lowcomms.c | 5 +
fs/dlm/lowcomms.h | 1 +
fs/dlm/main.c | 3 +
fs/dlm/member.c | 4 +-
fs/dlm/midcomms.c | 56 +++++++--
fs/dlm/recoverd.c | 4 +-
include/trace/events/dlm.h | 252 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
10 files changed, 332 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 include/trace/events/dlm.h
More information about the Cluster-devel