[Container-tools] Spec, Examples and tools

Christoph Görn goern at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 15:38:39 UTC 2015

Hmm, 2. as a repo (containing all that is needed to build the
Atomicapp base image), 3. could be one repo (if we do it
Fedora-Dockerfiles style) or many repos (one for each Atomicapp) 1. is
a at least a PDF, therefore asciidoc, therefore a repo.

just me 2cents, as I said, I dont care about filesystem layout and
directory structure.

	//G

On 04/09/2015 05:32 PM, Langdon White wrote:

> On 04/09/2015 11:10 AM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>
>> ack + inline.
>>

>> On 04/09/2015 11:02 AM, Christoph Görn wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey all, getting away from the directory structure, I envision
>>> something like
>>>
>>> 1. we have a Containerized Application Specification
>>> (containerapp-spec) This will make statements about Atomicfile,
>>> content, meaning of the fields, providers, what providers must
>>> implemente, now fields are mapped by providers to ....
>>>
>>> 2. We have Atomicapp Base Image This will container what vasec
>>> did, it will container an implementation of the docker
>>> provider, have a README how to use it to derive our/ISV app
>>> from it.
>>
>> 2a). Don't think we can get away from also providing atomic tool
>> /lib, which can be run outside container to
>>
>> 1.) validate (dry-run) a config 2.) auto get a container-app
>> basic structure 3.) convert to/from OpenShift format 4.) create
>> the container in (3) injecting the meta info + run tool.
>>

>>> 3. We have some examples derived from 2. like wordpress (vasec
>>> did that) and mongoDB (I will do that)
>>>
>>> We need to clean up the spec itself... and redo the POC we have
>>> done in the paste two weeks to be refactored to provide 2.
>>>
>>> Anyway, we can continue with 3. and learn for the spec from
>>> that task and refactor later to meet 2. and 3.
>>>
>>> //G
>>
>> I have an open question of do we inject the params file into the
>> root container? if so we will have to touch it for each deploy
>> which is self defeating -- or is it passed in?
>>

>> Carl.

> Christoph, so are you saying we need a least 3 separate repos? or
> are you just saying we need to be sure those topic areas are
> accounted for?
>
> I just want to make sure this is approachable for someone from the
> outside and some of this layout stuff is important to that.
>
> Langdon

- --
Principal Software Engineer - Systems Design & Engineering
Mobile: +49 171 2801345

Follow Us: https://twitter.com/RedHatRefArch
Plus Us: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114152126783830728030/
Like Us: https://www.facebook.com/rhrefarch

Red Hat GmbH, http://www.de.redhat.com/ Sitz: Grasbrunn,
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 153243
Geschäftsführer: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill,
Charles Peters