[Container-tools] comments welcome -- what we doing in the first phase of tools project.

Mark Lamourine markllama at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 12:32:56 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

> working draft:
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YRxkP-lb--TgUzi78mT_tO276beSM-tpkvWsGgglraU/edit#slide=id.gad783ed1a_9_16

This leaves out one element: It assumes some kind of input to create the images (or it assumes well designed images as input). Right now the input is an impediment to creating good images.  I think we need to look also at what the input should look like to help make good images which are suitable for composing complex services.

This will be a very slow process because we first have to uncover what makes a good image and how to get the components and how current build/packaging needs to change to make image creation better.

This should not be the first priority as it could block advances farther down the pipeline, but it should not be elided.

- Mark