[Container-tools] Dev assistant implementation of nulecule spec

Aaron Weitekamp aweiteka at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 13:37:29 UTC 2015

There has been some discussion on how DevAssistant[1] might implement the nulecule spec[2]. There are a few requirements that need to be sorted out:

- a piece of data signifying that the app was created with DA/has some DA scripts that can be used with it
- location of these files in the tree
- additional metadata like Authors, Website, Issue Tracker, Summary (a shorter version of the description) etc.

It's not clear to me if we specifically call out the support of arbitrary data in the 'metadata' object[3] but I think we intend to. Could the devassistant data go in here? Could devassistant reference remote and local files via uri://<path> in this section using their own arbitrary convention? For example, file://devassistant/somefile.json or http://path/to/remote/file.json

[1] http://devassistant.org/
[2] https://github.com/projectatomic/nulecule
[3] https://github.com/projectatomic/nulecule/tree/master/spec/0.0.1-alpha#metadataObject