[Container-tools] Application Entity Cockpit UI

Christoph Görn goern at redhat.com
Tue Apr 28 15:24:16 UTC 2015

Hey Stef,
 great!! to see adoption!

 I have browsed thru your feature page shortly and got a few comments

 "Phillip: Opens the Kubernetes dashboard" So to translate this to
Nulecules land: you are assuming that the Atomicapp Phillip is going
to deploy is enabled/is having a kubernetes provider (or atomichost as
we sometimes call it) and therefore should be deployed via kubernetes
dashboard.

 "We should pull the image from docker via the docker REST API, so we
can provide intelligent data. " From Atomicapp point of view the
pollper.io-atomicapp will download all that is required to deploy the
app. So if you 'atomic install poppler.io-atomicapp' there should be
no need to download anything separately to deploy the app. Not saying
that you may not want to download that image if cockpit is going to do
something with in.

 Question: How do we get information about what the answer file should
look like? Best answer is: the answer file is a INI, see [1]

	//G

[1] https://github.com/goern/mongoDB-atomicapp/blob/master/answers.conf

On 04/28/2015 03:09 PM, Stef Walter wrote:
> I'm interested in prototyping a UI for deploying an application
> based on the "application entity specification" ... in particular
> providing answers to the required input fields.
>
> I've put together a Cockpit feature page about this here:
>
> https://github.com/cockpit-project/cockpit/wiki/Feature:-Kubernetes:-A
pplication-Entities

>  No wireframes yet. Hopefully soon. This would be based on the
> previous kubernetes 'Deploy Application' work we have in Cockpit:
>
> https://github.com/cockpit-project/cockpit/wiki/Feature:-Kubernetes:-D
eploy-application

>  Cheers,
>
> Stef

- --
Principal Software Engineer - Systems Design & Engineering
Mobile: +49 171 2801345

Follow Us: https://twitter.com/RedHatRefArch
Plus Us: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114152126783830728030/
Like Us: https://www.facebook.com/rhrefarch

Red Hat GmbH, http://www.de.redhat.com/ Sitz: Grasbrunn,
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 153243
Geschäftsführer: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill,
Charles Peters