[Container-tools] Minutes from AtomicApp Cabal call Dec 2 2015

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 15:49:07 UTC 2015

       AtomicApp Cabal call Dec 2 2015

 * Openshift and atomicapp integration:
   * breaking up atomicapp from the nulecule data proposal from last
     week. Dusty and Aaron discussed with Clayton, and he thinks that's
     a blocker to integration. In order to have some basic level POC of
     having AtomicApp in GA work on top of Openshift we need to stick with
     the current architecture of having AtomicApp software embedded inside
     the Nulecule metadata containers.
 * Openshift and single node Kubernets setup as a service, use as an
     rpm vs. Vagrantfiles
   * Max would like the vagrant file as simple as possible and a simple
     way to restart the box, simplifies experience across uses of the
     CDK. Want ot have Openshift configured and can be started/restarted
     simply
   * We should get rid of the provision step from the Vagrantfile
 * Do we include OC , docker binaries for win and Mac OS X as part of
   the ZIP file ?
   * Ken who works on the installer thinks it's a good idea.
   * Bex suggest putting the ZIP in the box - put only things like
     Vagrantfiles and docker/oc in the box.  SSH and etc. is a install
     requirement - we don't distribute it. - too complicated for now -
     shelved
   * Max think providing OC.exe in ZIP is a good idea
 * vbox guest additions as SPC in the box ? (and VMWare)
   * https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/imcleod/virtualbox-for-vagrant-guests/
   * https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/imcleod/vmware-tools-for-vagrant/
   * use case from Eclipse to share the container from the host to the
     virtual machine.
   * Quick reading of the Licence from Oracle seems that we are not
     allowed to use this as-is, but the vagrant plugin might downloading
     on the client side
   * Navid will ask Legal
 * Best practices/requirements for ISVs. Is this the right forum?
   * best is to have this a recurring item on this call, we may need
     meeting on this but the right people are on this call
   * Adi and Hugo to discuss having this discussed for next meeting
   * Need a live document where all recommendations will be captured. Adi
     to take a first cut at it.
 * need to make adb-tests repo public / talk about it,
   * going to talk about this when Ari is here on another scheduled call
 * Short introduction of the Brno QE team and the next steps related to testing [psss]
   * https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1OKo9ghV-iMuKZSF7I61Yt7YqGrYa-uBRR0xjDbBrf-c
 * Testing on Windows + Linux&virtualbox (max)
   * added to QE test plan
 * cdk not consistently starting (max)
   * https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-atomic-developer-bundle/issues/128
   * the same can be reproduced by running linux in virtualbox
   * will take a look, too [dkutalek]

Daniel

veillard at redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/