[Container-tools] Oh-My-Vagrant mainstream mode

James Shubin purpleidea at redhat.com
Thu Jul 2 08:27:17 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-07-02 at 10:22 +0200, Stef Walter wrote:
> On 02.07.2015 09:16, James Shubin wrote:
> > Oh-My-Vagrant just grew a "mainstream" mode. I don't know what else
> > call it, but it's the main plumbing/feature that would let OMV be a
> > normal RPM installable project.
> >
> > Issue and feature branch:
> > https://github.com/purpleidea/oh-my-vagrant/issues/96
> >
> > Inspired by an idea rbarlow had, I finally wrote the patch.
> >
> > Testing/comments appreciated, and assuming this hits git master,
> > I'd
> > love a packager to punt this into fedora and/or a COPR. It's
> > probably
> > pretty trivial to package.
>
> Ha ha. I too would love to have someone do my packaging dirty work.
>
> "Timmy ... would you be a dear ... update this spec file and run it
> the packaging establishment near the blacksmiths? On the way back
> would
> you stop by the florists and obtain a bundle of daffodils? They would
> indeed brighten my sour mood. Here's a tuppence for your troubles.
> Now
> run along..."
hehe, point taken.
Well step one is to see if others find this feature useful. ACK?

Step two would be an RPM.
I'll admit I'm pretty sour towards packaging. Past attempts to
write/maintain spec files have either been ignored or the work was re
-done, so I'm going to see if someone else who is an RPM pro will
volunteer to help here.

And lastly, I personally don't want this feature, but ctrieloff and
others have requested it, even though the official internal status of
this project isn't clear. So another reason for the call out to a
different party to back the RPM-ification of it.