[Container-tools] using openshift origin v3 to back centos build pipeline

Rob Cernich rcernich at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 19:31:40 UTC 2015

Hey Aaron,

What are you trying to do?

Generally speaking, a BuildConfig simply identifies a "source" that is used to produce an image. The build may be a docker build (source=Dockerfile), and STI build (source=git project+build image), or custom (no experience with this). The output of the build (the image) is pushed to the registry using the information in the referenced ImageStream. The ImageStream specifies the location of the registry, the repository and image names, and the tag (location/repository/image:tag).

Rob