[Container-tools] Fwd: Re: [atomic-devel] Anyone working on using ProjectAtomic for the desktop?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue May 12 06:47:01 UTC 2015

On 10 May 2015 at 22:10, John Mark Walker <johnmark at redhat.com> wrote:
> FYI...

The Gnome wiki is currently down for me, but once it's back up:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/SandboxedApps

Decent overview (with additional background links) at
https://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2015/01/21/sandboxed-applications-for-gnome/

The need for integration with the desktop manager and display server
introduces additional complexity that web service oriented container
systems don't need to worry about, so it makes sense to me to have the
two systems be separate.

Cheers,
Nick.