[Container-tools] "atomic projectatomic/helloapache" UX feedback

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu May 21 06:22:27 UTC 2015

On 21 May 2015 at 15:44, Václav Pavlín <vpavlin at redhat.com> wrote:

>> $ mv answers.conf.sample answers.conf
>> $ sudoedit answers.conf
>> [Change the provider from kubernetes to docker]
>
> Yeah, helloapache does not have data for docker provider anyway so it would
> fail with that error - any suggestion how to let the user know in advance?

Would it be possible to use Docker image labels for this, by having
"atomicapp build" specify in the Docker image metadata that it's a
Nulecule deployment orchestration image and which orchestration
providers the image supports?

It would also be potentially handy if atomicapp could be run locally
to see which orchestration providers were available (I'm assuming we
don't want awareness of orchestration engines leaking into the base
atomic command).

Cheers,
Nick.