[Container-tools] Recommendations for bootstrapping a local k8s cluster?

James Shubin purpleidea at redhat.com
Tue May 26 16:07:25 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 11:37 +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> > The channel isn't hugely known or popular yet, but you're invited to
> > join if you like. It's a channel for users, hacking on OMV, and help
> > writing patches for it too! Usual rules apply, so come, but be
> positive!
>
> I see value in my learning how to use Vagrant *without* OMV, and then
> adding OMV back into the mix once I'm in a position to better
> appreciate what it's doing for me.
Agreed! Some people need to do this :) You're probably not a beginner
GNU/Linux user so this makes sense. It also makes sense to provide OMV
for the users who don't want to or need to go down this road,
particularly because it involves doing a bit of ruby which some want to
avoid.

>  I *do* see longer term value in having that abstraction layer there
> that provides a declarative approach to "vagrant up" rather than the
> imperative Vagrantfile approach.

Me too :)

HTH,
James