[Container-tools] Atomic CLI + Atomicapp workflow

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 5 10:14:16 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 12:23 PM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/04/2015 01:38 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:

I am not sure if it's a good idea to expose two different commands:
atomic CLI and atomicapp to the user.

> What does atomicapp expect to happen when  you do an atomic stop?  You
> want the STOP label to run even if there is no container?  You don't
> want to specify a container?

A nulecule is a collection of many containers or similar entities. I'd
envision that running a nulecule app generates a nulecule ID, which
gets used for post install operations like "stop", apart from the
ability to start and stop a nulecule app from path. The ID could be
just a dir under /var/lib/atomicapp which contains the installed and
extracted nulecule app.

> My fear now is that we are breaking this up to where atomic and
> atomicapp will compete against each other.  And users will need to know
> for this type of container I run atomicapp and for this other type of
> container I run atomic.

+1

Thanks,
rtnpro