[Container-tools] CDK Server Adapter - First Demo

Hardy Ferentschik hardy.ferentschik at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 13:22:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 04, 2015 at 01:08:28PM -0500, Rob Stryker wrote:
> That worked.  It'd be good to get some wider distribution on this change...

Actually this is bug. When the switch was made from subscription_username
to username, the intention was to still accept the old configuration keys.
At least that's my interpretation of some of the commit messages.

If nothing else the plugin should check for the old values and log an error
forcing you to change configuration values.

I created an issue here - https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-vagrant-registration/issues/39

> not sure how to actually do that.  I'm sure when I make a final demo / blog
> of the cdk server I can make that more clear, so at least there'll be one
> more data point helping to guide people.

FYI, the latest CDK 2 beta release already has the latest version of the registration
plugin bundled. So for new users of the CDK this will hopefully be a no-issue.
More problematic is the case where someone already uses an earlier version of the
plugin with the obsolete configuration values. But again, I consider this a bug.

--Hardy