[Container-tools] [aos-devel] Useing the RHEL CDK 2.0

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at redhat.com
Wed Nov 11 14:43:52 UTC 2015

Yes please

Sent from Nine

From: James Mills
Sent: Nov 11, 2015 9:18 AM
To: Lalatendu Mohanty
Cc: aos-devel
Subject: Re: [aos-devel] Useing the RHEL CDK 2.0

All,

I've found the problem.

The issue is in fact that /usr/bin/kubectl is a symlink to /usr/bin/openshift (thanks Jason!).  During the atomic run, this happens:

docker run -it --rm  --privileged -v /home/vagrant:/atomicapp -v /run:/run -v /:/host --net=host --name helloapache -e NAME=helloapache -e IMAGE=projectatomic/helloapache projectatomic/helloapache

and the kubernetes provider portion of the atomicapp looks for /host/usr/bin/kubectl.  Unfortunately at that point, kubectl is a *broken* symbolic link to /usr/bin/openshift.

In order to fix it, you can either remove the symlink and copy openshift directly to kubectl, or you can recreate the symbolic link to be relative instead of absolute:

# cd /usr/bin
# ln -sf openshift kubectl

Should I open a bug against the CDK?

Thanks!